Definition of Abatement of a nuisance
1. Noun. (law) the removal or termination or destruction of something that has been found to be a nuisance.
Generic synonyms: Abatement
Specialized synonyms: Asbestos Abatement
Category relationships: Jurisprudence, Law
Abatement Of A Nuisance Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Abatement Of A Nuisance Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Abatement Of A Nuisance
Literary usage of Abatement of a nuisance
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Estee's Pleadings, Practice and Forms by Morris March Estee, John Haynes (1879)
"For Abatement of a Nuisance. [TITLE.] The plaintiff complains, and alleges: I. ... Nor does the abatement of a nuisance prejudice the right of any person to ..."
2. A Treatise on the American Law of Landlord and Tenant by John Neilson Taylor (1887)
"The act of a plaintiff in abating a private nuisance does not bar him of an action of damages; for the abatement of a nuisance is merely preventive. ..."
3. Estee's Pleadings, Practice, and Forms: Adapted to Actions and Special by Morris March Estee, Charles Theodore Boone (1898)
"For abatement of a nuisance causing noise. Form No. 570. [TITLE.] The plaintiff complains, and alleges: I and II. [Allege as in form No. 568.] III. ..."
4. Estee's Pleadings, Practice, and Forms: Adapted to Actions and Special by Morris March Estee (1885)
""Wherefore the plaintiff demands judgment, that the said nuisance be abated.1 § 2385. For Abatement of a Nuisance Causing Noise. Form No. 510. ..."
5. Law of Real Property: Being a Complete Compendium of Real Estate Law by Emerson Etheridge Ballard, Tilghman Ethan Ballard, Arthur Walker Blakemore (1902)
"Power of a municipality to destroy property in the abatement of a nuisance. A city has no right to destroy a building as a means of abating a nuisance ..."