Definition of Abscessed tooth
1. Noun. An abscess of a common kind in the tissue around a tooth.
Abscessed Tooth Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Abscessed Tooth Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Abscessed Tooth
Literary usage of Abscessed tooth
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Oral Sepsis in Its Relationship to Systemic Disease by William Waddell Duke (1918)
"This case did not yield well to treatment for pyorrhea until after the. extraction of the abscessed tooth shown in Fig. 32. It seemed to he a case in which ..."
2. The Journal of the Allied Societies by Allied Societies (U.S.) (1912)
"One abscessed tooth was revealed, removed and no other special treatment pursued. In a few months our patient was pitching'on the Roanoke College baseball ..."
3. The International Dental Journal by Odontological Society of Pennsylvania (1903)
"... involved in properly treating and filling an abscessed tooth of three or four roots, to say nothing of cleansing and polishing, which, if properly done, ..."
4. General Pathology and Principles of Medicine for Students and Practitioners by Vernon Cecil Rowland (1921)
"It may begin within the antrum and indeed originate from an abscessed tooth and produce an obscure fever until the eruption appears at the nostril. ..."
5. The Medical and Surgical Reporter (1893)
"... swelling of the face, it is often well to endeavor to cause the abscess to point on the buccal surface of the gum over the root of the abscessed tooth. ..."