Definition of Absentee rate
1. Noun. The percentage of workers who do not report to work.
Absentee Rate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Absentee Rate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Absentee Rate
Literary usage of Absentee rate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Condition of Education (1996) by Thomas M. Smith (1996)
"In each urbanicity type, students in public schools were more likely than those in private schools to be absent * In public schools, the absentee rate was ..."
2. Employers and Child Care: Benefiting Work and Family (1994)
"The top five perceived benefits of the child care programs as a recruitment advantage, improved employee morale, lower absentee rate ..."
3. Industrial Medicine and Surgery by Harry Edgar Mock (1919)
"Three other large concerns in Chicago reported an absentee rate of from 25 per cent, to 35 per cent, of their total working force during this epidemic. ..."
4. Working with Youth in High-Risk Environments: Experiences in Prevention edited by Carol E. Marcus, John D. Swisher (1996)
"A fairly high absentee rate resulted in a high percentage of missing data (13 to 35 percent). Makeup days were scheduled to administer the evaluation ..."
5. Growth and Equity: Policies and Implementation in Indian Agriculture by J. S. Sarma (1981)
"These are: active commercial activities resulting from improvements in transportation: marked reduction of the absentee rate of school children; ..."
6. Royal Funding of the Parisian Académie Royale Des Sciences During the 1690s by Alice Stroup (1987)
"... or for the meetings at which botany was not discussed, the full significance of this high absentee rate is uncertain. But since eleven of twenty-eight, ..."
7. What Society Does to Girls by Joyce Nicholson (1975)
"The absentee rate for men and women were both 4 per cent. Absence from work seems to be related to the grade of work, not of the worker. ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Absentee rate