Definition of Acanthosis nigricans
1. Noun. A skin disease characterized by dark wartlike patches in the body folds; can be benign or malignant.
Generic synonyms: Disease Of The Skin, Skin Disease, Skin Disorder
Medical Definition of Acanthosis nigricans
Acanthosis Nigricans Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Acanthosis Nigricans Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Acanthosis Nigricans
Literary usage of Acanthosis nigricans
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of the Skin by Richard Lightburn Sutton (1919)
"acanthosis nigricans. Synonym.—Keratosis nigricans. Definition. ... Acanthosis nigricans, showing involvement of eyelids and lips. ..."
2. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1894)
"acanthosis nigricans.—At a recent meeting of the Royal Medical and Chirurgical Society, Mr. Malcolm Morris showed a case of this exceedingly rare disease. ..."
3. Treatise on Diseases of the Skin for the Use of Advanced Students and by Henry Weightman Stelwagon (1914)
"... a thin coating to the surface; the deeper growths, by the same caustics more energetically and repeatedly applied. acanthosis nigricans Under this title ..."
4. Special pathology and therapeutics of the diseases of domestic animals v. 2 by Ferenc Hutyra (1913)
"acanthosis nigricans. (Kerato-is nigricans; papillary and pigmentary dystrophia.) This abnormality consists in a symmetrical bilateral hypertrophy of the ..."
5. A Practical treatise on diseases of the skin for the use of students and by Oliver Samuel Ormsby (1921)
"acanthosis nigricans. Synonyms.—Keratosis nigricans. ... acanthosis nigricans following Decapsulation of the Kidneys. Case report, discussion and review of ..."