Definition of Accord and satisfaction
1. Noun. The settlement of a debt by paying less than the amount demanded in exchange for extinguishing the debt.
Accord And Satisfaction Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Accord And Satisfaction Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Accord And Satisfaction
Literary usage of Accord and satisfaction
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Principles of the English Law of Contract and of Agency in Its Relation to by William Reynell Anson (1906)
"accord and satisfaction. accord and satisfaction is an agreement not necessarily under seal, the effect of which is to discharge the right of action ..."
2. A Treatise on the Law of Evidence by Simon Greenleaf (1899)
"The plea of accord and satisfaction may often be proved by the lapse of time and acquiescence of the parties. Thus, it has been held, in an action upon a ..."
3. A Practical Treatise of the Law of Evidence, and Digest of Proofs, in Civil by Thomas Starkie (1891)
"An Accord and Satisfaction, before the Inte altérations in the rules of ... As accord and satisfaction must be specially pleaded, the evidence must of ..."
4. The Law of Pleading and Evidence in Civil Actions: Arranged Alphabetically by John Simcoe Saunders (1844)
"accord and satisfaction by a copartner is a bar to an action against the others, 9 Co. 79, b.; 12 East, 317; and it seems that acceptance of satisfaction ..."
5. Business Law: A Working Manual of Every-day Law by Thomas Conyngton (1920)
"Accord and Satisfaction An accord is an agreement between two persons one of whom has a claim against the other, that the debtor shall give or do something ..."
6. A Treatise on the Law of Evidence by Simon Greenleaf (1854)
"accord and satisfaction. §. IN the plea of accord and satisfaction, the issue, is upon the delivery or acceptance of something, in satisfaction of the debt ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Accord and satisfaction