2. Noun. A person who addresses (applies an address to an object to be delivered to a particular location). ¹
3. Noun. A machine that addresses. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Addresser
1. one that addresses [n -S] - See also: addresses
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Addresser Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Addresser
Literary usage of Addresser
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Biographical Sketches of Loyalists of the American Revolution: With an by Lorenzo Sabine (1864)
"In 1775 an addresser of Gage. His arrest ordered by the Council, April, 1 776. ... An addresser of Hutchinson in 1774, and a-Protester against the Whigs the ..."
2. Chambers's Encyclopædia: A Dictionary of Universal Knowledge for the People by Ephraim Chambers (1870)
"... a very great number of B)>ecies, estimated at about one-fourth of the whole HYMN, a canticle of praise or of prayer addresser! to the divine honour. ..."
3. Proceedings by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain), Norton Shaw, Francis Galton, William Spottiswoode, Clements Robert Markham, Henry Walter Bates, John Scott Keltie (1879)
"Vœux à addresser aux gouvernements a introduire la ge'ographie commerciale dans les concours officiels. V. QUESTIONS GÉNÉRALES. ..."