Definition of Adipose cell
1. Noun. Cells composed of fat.
Medical Definition of Adipose cell
Adipose Cell Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Adipose Cell Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Adipose Cell
Literary usage of Adipose cell
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual of Pathological Histology by Victor Cornil (1880)
"So that the adipose cell, instead of being ... This change of the fat is due to the presence of an albuminous fluid within the adipose cell, ..."
2. The British and Foreign Medico-chirurgical Review, Or, Quarterly Journal of (1853)
"... the general principle, that the " adipose cell" does not exist in invertebrate animals. Neither of the solids nor of the fluids is this quite true. ..."
3. The Internal Secretions: Their Physiology and Application to Pathology by Eugène Gley (1917)
"... bodies are not made up of epithelial cells, the adipose cell is nevertheless a glandular cell and has the closest connection with its capillary plexus. ..."
4. Lang's German-English Dictionary of Terms Used in Medicine and the Allied by Hugo Lang, Milton Kayton Meyers (1913)
"... the becoming corpulent Fett-wucherung, /. excessive development of fat Fett-wulst, m. pad of fat Fett-zelle, /. adipose cell Fett-zellgewebe, ..."
5. Human physiology, statical and dynamical, or, The conditions and course of by John William Draper (1878)
"Thus charged with these hydrocarbons, the plasma passes wherever there are adipose cell- germs, furnishing to them the special nutriment they require for ..."
6. The Transactions of the Microscopical Society of London by Microscopical Society of London (1853)
"Fat certainly does exist in insects, crus- tacca, and mollusca, but no true adipose cell is ever present; it could not lie nourished without its ..."
7. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences and General (1890)
"... as adipose tissue, adipose cell, &c, stork. The bill is long and large; while the heed, seek, ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS, a group of mountains and pouch are ..."