Definition of Affidavits
1. Noun. (plural of affidavit) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Affidavits
1. affidavit [n] - See also: affidavit
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Affidavits Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Affidavits
Literary usage of Affidavits
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the High Court of Chancery: During by Great Britain Court of Chancery, Edward Thurlow Thurlow, Alexander Wedderburn Rosslyn, Jonathan Cogswell Perkins (1844)
"INJUNCTION bill charging fraud in obtaining verdict: affidavits contradicting the answer read in support of the injunction on the merits. ..."
2. South Eastern Reporter by West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals, West Publishing Company, South Carolina Supreme Court (1921)
"Matters, such as instructions or affidavits used on new trial, ... In the absence of affidavits on which the trial court relied in setting aside the jury's ..."
3. United States Supreme Court Reports by Lawyers Co-operative Publishing Company, United States Supreme Court (1890)
"If affidavits to show Jurisdiction were permissible, those introduced by the plaintiff in error were insufficient for that purpose, and ere negatived by ..."
4. The Law of Trademarks, Tradenames and Unfair Competition: Including Trade by James Love Hopkins (1917)
"affidavits.—Applications for restraining orders and preliminary injunctions are usually founded upon and resisted by affidavits. ..."
5. Reports of Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Judicature by William Johnson (1853)
"The affidavits, on which the motion was founded, were enti- tied, "In the matter of Isaac Bronson and Caldwell Mitchill; " and Golden objected, ..."
6. A Treatise on the Law of Evidence by Simon Greenleaf (1883)
"affidavits. In regard to affidavits, it may be here observed, that in instance causes they are seldom of use, except in some cases of salvage,1 and in ..."
7. Papers Relating to the Treaty of Washington by United States Dept. of State, Geneva Arbitration Tribunal (1873)
"On the same day (the 2'2d) the affidavits, and the action taken upon them by the board of commissioners of customs, were, by the board, submitted to the ..."
8. Criminal Justice in Cleveland: Reports of the Cleveland Foundation Survey of by Roscoe Pound, Felix Frankfurter, Cleveland Foundation, Raymond Blaine Fosdick (1922)
"LAXITY IN CUSTODY OF affidavits There is dangerous laxity in the care of the affidavits. On the basis of the information submitted by complainants ..."