Definition of Age bracket
1. Noun. A group of people having approximately the same age.
Generic synonyms: People
Specialized synonyms: Aged, Elderly, Young, Youth
Age Bracket Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Age Bracket Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Age Bracket
Literary usage of Age bracket
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Labor in the Rural Household Economy of the Zairian Basin by Tshikala B. Tshibaka (1992)
"Considering the age bracket of 20-55 years as the most productive group, ... The group in the age bracket of 15- years—those who will enter the set of the ..."
2. France by Anne Sonnet (2005)
"France will have caught up by 2025 (Figure 5.1) thanks to the better educational level of the generations in the 25-49 age bracket. The growth obtained by ..."
3. Governance of Public Research: Toward Better Practices by OECD Staff, (Paris) Organisation for Economic Co-ope, SourceOECD (Online service) (2003)
"The majority of researchers-in-chief in the Czech Republic are in the 44 to 61 age bracket with a peak at the age of 57. A similar situation can be observed ..."
4. Homicide in Eight U. S. Cities: Trends, Context, & Policy Implications by Pamela K. Lattimore (1999)
"Figure 5-2, however, shows that declines in cocaine-positive percentages were sharper in the middle age bracket (18 to 24) than in the older bracket (25+) ..."
5. Post-Apartheid Patterns of Internal Migration in South Africa by Pieter Kok (2003)
"People in the oldest age bracket (60 years and older) could be expected to show the highest levels of migration during their lifetimes simply because they ..."
6. Demography: Textbook for the South African Student by Willem Petrus Mostert (1998)
"A sharp decline is also evident in the remarriage rates of women in the age category 20-35 (the age bracket in which remarriage generally takes place). ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Age bracket