Definition of Agua toad
1. Noun. Largest known toad species; native to Central America; valuable destroyer of insect pests.
Agua Toad Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Agua Toad Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Agua Toad
Literary usage of Agua toad
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Bermuda Islands: An Account of Their Scenery, Climate, Productions by Addison Emery Verrill (1902)
"It was also seen by us on Castle Island, in an old drain, Figures (54 and 65.—Great Surinam Toad ; agua toad (Bufo agua Daud. ..."
2. Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Standard Work of Reference in Art, Literature (1905)
"AGUA, OR agua toad, an enormous species of toad, found in the island of Jamaica; the Bufo Aqua. WFJ AGUADA, atown on the west coast of Porto Rico, ..."
3. The Class Reptiliaby Edward Pidgeon, Edward Griffith, Georges Cuvier by Edward Pidgeon, Edward Griffith, Georges Cuvier (1831)
"... 385 Spiral Hydrus 3HC White Faced Horned Frog, and agua toad 395 Green Frog 442 Variable or Green Toad 40O Pipa ..."
4. The National Standard Encyclopedia: A Dictionary of Literature, the Sciences (1888)
"... of the grapes loft in the wine-press, the scrapings of casks and vats, and deposits in bottles. A Mexican drink distilled from tho agave. Agua-toad ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Agua toad