Definition of Air alert
1. Noun. The time period during which military and civilian agencies are prepared for an enemy air attack.
2. Noun. The condition in which combat aircraft are airborne and ready for an operation. "Aircraft in the Mideast are on air alert"
3. Noun. The warning signal that begins a period of preparation for an enemy air attack.
Air Alert Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Air Alert Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Air Alert
Literary usage of Air alert
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Alert Operations and the Strategic Air Command, 1957-1991 (1993)
""But I like our air alert so much better," he added. "Instead of sitting around and waiting for something to happen, I do what I know and like best - flying ..."
2. The Military Dictionary (1987)
"... by a spotter or an observer to indicate that a burst or group of bursts occurred before impact. air alert—See air defense warning conditions; alert; ..."