Definition of Alfred north whitehead
1. Noun. English philosopher and mathematician who collaborated with Bertrand Russell (1861-1947).
Alfred North Whitehead Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Alfred North Whitehead Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Alfred North Whitehead
Literary usage of Alfred north whitehead
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Slave Systems of Greek and Roman Antiquity by William Linn Westermann (1984)
"In his book, Adventures of Ideas, alfred north whitehead has outlined his view of the origins and development of the moral objection to the use of slaves, ..."
2. Merriam-Webster's Dictionary of English Usage by Inc. Merriam-Webster (1994)
"... of embellish with wherewith: Religion is tending to degenerate into a decent formula wherewith to embellish a comfortable life — alfred north whitehead, ..."
3. Practical Ideas for Teaching Writing As a Process by Carol B. Olson (1996)
"These words are not dignified enough for the conventional aims of education, although alfred north whitehead wrote a great deal about pleasure in his book ..."
4. Wisdom for the Soul: Five Millennia of Prescriptions for Spiritual Healing by Larry Chang (2006)
"alfred north whitehead, 1861-1947 ~ Dialogues of alfred north whitehead, 1953 Some of the finest moral intuitions come to quite humble people. ..."
5. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1899)
"The first volume of " A Treatise on Universal Algebra," with applications, by alfred north whitehead, was sent out. Henry E. Roscoe and Arthur Harden ..."
6. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1898)
"alfred north whitehead. Cambridge, University Press ; New York, The Macmillan Company. Volume I. Pp. xxvi + 686. $7.60. Foot Notes to Evolution. ..."
7. The Monist by Hegeler Institute (1916)
"PM alfred north whitehead and Bertrand Russell, Principia Mathematica, Vol. I, Cambridge, 1910. PP Bertrand Russell, The Problems of Philosophy, ..."