Definition of Alkalinuria
1. Noun. A condition in which the urine (which is normally slightly acidic) is alkaline.
Medical Definition of Alkalinuria
1. The passage of alkaline urine. Synonym: alkaluria. Origin: alkaline + G. Ouron, urine (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Alkalinuria Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Alkalinuria
Literary usage of Alkalinuria
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diet in Health and Disease by Julius Friedenwald, John Ruhräh (1907)
"As the transformations here mentioned appear solely from the influence of alkalis, Leo (4) has proposed the designation " alkalinuria " for this form of ..."
2. A Pocket medical dictionary: Giving the Pronunciation and Definition of the ...by George Milbry Gould by George Milbry Gould (1920)
"A. Reac'tlon, the turning of red litmus-paper blue. Alkalinity, al-ka-Iiii'-it-e. The quality of being alkaline. alkalinuria, al-kal-in-u?-re-ak. ..."
3. Clinical Diagnosis: A Text-book of Clinical Microscopy and Clinical by Charles Phillips Emerson (1908)
"Chemically, however, there is no such increase, but often a decrease, and so the name " alkalinuria " is more suitable. Phosphaturia occurs when the diet ..."
4. Chemical and microscopical diagnosis by Francis Carter Wood (1909)
"... merely a diminution in the acidity of the urine, so that Leol has even suggested that the name phosphaturia should be replaced by alkalinuria. ..."
5. Saint Louis Medical and Surgical Journal (1903)
"51) recommends a trial of hydrochloric or sulphuric acid in all cases of generalized pruritus of obscure origin, whether there be alkalinuria or not. ..."
6. Skin and Venereal Diseases (1911)
"... or more correctly alkalinuria. Whether phosphates are precipitated or not is consequently only a question of the relative amounts of phosphoric acid and ..."