Definition of Alpena
1. Noun. A town in northern Michigan on an arm of Lake Huron.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Alpena Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Alpena
Literary usage of Alpena
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The American Geologist: A Monthly Journal of Geology and Allied Sciences by Newton Horace Winchell (1901)
"The section is located in alpena and Presque Isle counties, Michigan. It runs north from the city of alpena along the meridian of 83° 27' longitude west of ..."
2. The I.C.S. System of Instruction by Mail and the Results Achieved by International Correspondence Schools (1905)
"... alpena alpena, 319 State St., alpena alpena, 528 Sable St., alpena alpena, ... 404 Lincoln St., alpena alpena, 419 Oldfield St., alpena Amasa, Box 78, ..."
3. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and (1910)
"See Gibbon, Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, t--. : [. B. Bury (1898), vi. pp. 235 et seq., and authorities there он* alpena. a city and the county ..."
4. Cases Argued and Determined in the Circuit and District Courts of the United by District Court (Illinois, District Court (Indiana, District Court (Wisconsin, Josiah Hooker Bissell, Circuit Court (7th Circuit, United States (1883)
"The alpena. THE ALFENA. ... Petition of Goodrich Transportation Co. to limit liability for loss of steamer alpena. In this case the Goodrich Transportation ..."
5. Adventure Guide to Michigan by Kevin Hillstrom (1998)
"Located in the alpena Holiday Inn, this steakhouse packs ‘em in, especially during the summer. Jon A Lau Saloon (414 North Second Ave., alpena, MI, ..."