Definition of Andrenid
1. Noun. A bee that is a member of the genus Andrena.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Andrenid Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Andrenid
Literary usage of Andrenid
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Manual for the Study of Insects by John Henry Comstock, Anna Botsford Comstock (1895)
"andrenid/E. AA. Bees with the glossa slender, not flattened, and longer than the ... 666 APID/E. Family andrenid^ (An-dren'i-dse). The Short-tongued Bees. ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1917)
"ilj andrenid» are probably the most effective pollinators of the vine and that beetles are of only minor importance. ..."
3. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1863-1871), Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1904)
"Type.—No. 8103, USNM Manila (Father Stanton). Family XII.—andrenid.K. Halictus, Latr. Halictus Mani/ce, new species.— 9. Length, 6 mm. ..."
4. Proceedings of the California Academy of Sciences by California Academy of Sciences (1895)
"andrenid^E. HALICTUS spp. Two specimens, representing two species. San Jose de Gracias and San Jorge, L. Cal. HALICTUS DESERTUS Sm. One ? ..."