Definition of Angolan
1. Noun. A native or inhabitant of Angola.
Generic synonyms: African
Specialized synonyms: Angolese
2. Adjective. Of or relating to or characteristic of Angola or its people. "The Angolan Civil War"
Definition of Angolan
1. Adjective. Of, from, or pertaining to Angola or the Angolan people. ¹
2. Noun. A person from Angola or of Angolan descent. ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Angolan Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Angolan
Literary usage of Angolan
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Angola: Towards an Energy Strategy by International Energy Agency (2006)
"Over the past ten years a larger flow of angolan exports has been destined for ... China's demand for angolan crude is driven in part by its adoption of ..."
2. Angola Unravels: The Rise and Fall of the Lusaka Peace Process by Human Rights Watch (Organization), Alex Vines (1999)
"The angolan Campaign to Ban Landmines (CABM) was launched in November 1996 and in ... The angolan government supported the Ottawa process that produced the ..."
3. Angola: Arms Trade and Violations of the Laws of War Since the 1992 by Arms Project (Human Rights Watch), Human Rights Watch/Africa (1994)
"... angolan Government Human Rights Watch calls on the angolan government to: • Respect international humanitarian and human rights law, particularly the ..."
4. International Waters in Southern Africa by Mikiyasu Nakayama (2003)
"although they do not account for possible immigration or emigration due to the angolan civil war (Ashton 2000a). The available data indicate that population ..."
5. Folk-tales of Angola: Fifty Tales, with Ki-mbundu Text, Literal English by Héli Chatelain (1894)
"angolan FOLK-LORE. " I have often wished I could get inside of an African for an afternoon and just see how he looked at things, for I am sure our worlds ..."
6. Landmine Monitor Report 2000: Toward a Mine-Free World by International Campaign to Ban Land Mines, International Campaign to Ban Landmines (2000)
"In May several angolans linked to the angolan military were put on trial in Rundu for possessing and using landmines for criminal gain.17 Use by angolan ..."
7. Christian missions: their agents, their method, and their results by Thomas William M. Marshall (1862)
"... also of the angolan tongue.» He was one, as Mr Southey confesses, who « must ever hold a place, not only amongst the greatest writers, but amongst the ..."