Definition of Angular unit
1. Noun. A unit of measurement for angles.
Specialized synonyms: Mil, Arcdegree, Degree, Arcsecond, Second, Arcminute, Minute, Minute Of Arc, Microradian, Milliradian, Rad, Radian, Grad, Grade, Oxtant, Sextant, Straight Angle, Sr, Steradian
Angular Unit Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Angular Unit Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Angular Unit
Literary usage of Angular unit
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Mining Engineers' Handbook by Robert Peele (1918)
"The unit is any angular unit divided by any time unit, such as rs£- at per sec, radians per min, rev per sec, or rev per min. ..."
2. The Elements of Plane Trigonometry by Henry Nathan Wheeler (1878)
"Therefore the angular unit of circular measure is that angle whose intercepted arc ... We will first find how many degrees there are in the angular unit of ..."
3. Elements of Trigonometry by William Hopkins (1833)
"r Again, if we take half a right angle for our angular unit, and N" to denote the number of such units or parts of the unit contained in A, wie have N»=— ..."
4. An Analytical Treatise on Plane and Spherical Trigonometry, and the Analysis by Dionysius Lardner (1828)
"The first consists in assuming arbitrarily some angle as the angular unit, and expressing other angles by the numbers which are related to the numeral unit ..."
5. Trigonometry and Double Algebra by Augustus De Morgan (1849)
"And moreover, it cannot be always true, while e and the angular unit are both ... If, for instance, we choose to halve the angular unit, so that the angle ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Angular unit