Definition of Animal foot
1. Noun. The pedal extremity of vertebrates other than human beings.
Specialized synonyms: Fossorial Foot, Hoof, Bird's Foot, Webfoot, Trotter, Forefoot, Hindfoot, Paw
Generic synonyms: Pedal Extremity, Vertebrate Foot
Animal Foot Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Animal Foot Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Animal Foot
Literary usage of Animal foot
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Risk Assessment for Neurobehavioral Toxicity edited by Bernard Weiss, Jurg Elsner (1997)
"... in small animals by touching the dorsal portion of an animal's foot to a surface such that the animal has to flip the toes up to stand on the foot. ..."
2. Bulletin by School of Mines and Metallurgy, University of Missouri (1916)
"Figure 11 Mould of animal foot print. shows an artificial cast and illustrates the normal apearance of the original under surface of the younger bed. Pis. ..."
3. The London Journal of Arts and Sciences by William Newton (1828)
"... the sharp and well-defined marks of the three claws of the animal's foot, are circumstances which immediately arrest the attention of the observer, ..."
4. Fifty Years a Hunter and Trapper: Experiences and Observations of E. N by Eldred Nathaniel Woodcock (1913)
"I do not think that there should be a latch on any trap, as I think that often the animal's foot is thrown free from the trap, or at least causes many ..."
5. The American Antiquarian and Oriental Journal by Stephen Denison Peet (1885)
"My error originated in reports, made to me when there in 1878, by various residents of the town, that human and animal foot prints were found to the ..."
6. Principles of Animal Biology by Aaron Franklin Shull, George Roger Larue, Alexander Grant Ruthven (1920)
"apart, the lower stratum contains a mold, the upper one a cast, of the animal's foot. Figure 214 represents such a foot-print. The marks of raindrops in ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Animal foot