Definition of Animal tissue
1. Noun. The tissue in the bodies of animals.
Specialized synonyms: Chalaza, Embryonic Tissue, Coronet, Epithelial Tissue, Epithelium, Flesh, Capillary Bed, Parenchyma, Interstitial Tissue, Adipose Tissue, Fat, Fatty Tissue, Connective Tissue, Lymphatic Tissue, Lymphoid Tissue, Cartilage, Gristle, Erectile Tissue, Muscle, Muscular Tissue, Fibrous Tissue, Nerve Tissue, Nervous Tissue, Gingiva, Gum, Cortex, Lens Cortex, Flap, Membrane, Tissue Layer, Cortex, Medulla, Matrix, Graft, Transplant, Stroma
Generic synonyms: Tissue
Animal Tissue Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Animal Tissue Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Animal Tissue
Literary usage of Animal tissue
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Methods of Practical Hygiene by Karl Bernhard Lehmann (1893)
"The following process is to be recommended if animal tissue has to be microscopically examined for ..."
2. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1849)
"Less alcohol is taken up, and more water given out, because the animal tissue has less attraction for the mixture of alcohol and water than for pure water ..."
3. The Dublin University Magazine: A Literary and Political Journal (1880)
""And that animal tissue is formed, partly by the process of vegetation, partly by assimilation in the animal, out of carbonic acid, ammonia, and water ? ..."
4. Digest of Decisions of Law and Practice in the Patent Office and the United by Amos Winfield Hart (1898)
"Ex parte Foss, 56 OG 1564, CD 1891. 313. A claim for a patent for an inside slipper of bladder or other thin animal tissue, which is met by the ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Animal tissue