2. Verb. (past of antevert) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Anteverted
1. antevert [v] - See also: antevert
Medical Definition of Anteverted
1. Tilted forward; in a position of anteversion. (05 Mar 2000)
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Anteverted Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Anteverted
Literary usage of Anteverted
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Materia Medica and Special Therapeutics of the New Remedies by Edwin Moses Hale (1897)
"... as in cases ol prolapsus uteri, were very marked and persistent, and physical exploration showed that the uterus was actually prolapsed and anteverted. ..."
2. The Practitioner by Gale Group, ProQuest Information and Learning Company (1898)
"Again, in healthy women with no pelvic symptoms we may find the uterus anteverted before pregnancy, more anteverted during early pregnancy, ..."
3. Edinburgh Medical and Surgical Journal (1853)
"In the form of uterine retroversion that occurs during pregnancy, the anteverted cervix approximates more and more to the pubis as pregnancy advances, ..."