Definition of Antibiotic drug
1. Noun. A chemical substance derivable from a mold or bacterium that can kill microorganisms and cure bacterial infections. "When antibiotics were first discovered they were called wonder drugs"
Specialized synonyms: Actinomycin, Amphotericin, Antimycin, Antineoplastic Antibiotic, Azactam, Aztreonam, Bacitracin, Carbomycin, Cephaloglycin, Kafocin, Cephaloridine, Cephalosporin, Mefoxin, Chloramphenicol, Chloromycetin, Aureomycin, Chlortetracycline, Cipro, Ciprofloxacin, Cycloserine, Dihydrostreptomycin, Doxorubicin, Doxycycline, Vibramycin, E-mycin, Erythrocin, Erythromycin, Ethril, Ilosone, Pediamycin, Garamycin, Gentamicin, Gramicidin, Kanamycin, Kantrex, Lincocin, Lincomycin, Mitomycin, Mutamycin, Mycomycin, Fradicin, Neobiotic, Neomycin, Novobiocin, Mycostatin, Nystan, Nystatin, Hydroxytetracycline, Oxytetracycline, Oxytetracycline Hydrochloride, Terramycin, Penicillin, Polymyxin, Primaxin, Pyocyanase, Pyocyanin, Spectinomycin, Streptomycin, Streptothricin, Subtilin, Nebcin, Tobramycin, Tyrocidin, Tyrocidine, Tyrothricin, Vancocin, Vancomycin, Viocin, Viomycin
Generic synonyms: Antibacterial, Antibacterial Drug, Bactericide
Derivative terms: Antibiotic
Antibiotic Drug Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Antibiotic Drug Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antibiotic Drug
Literary usage of Antibiotic drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Partnering Against Terrorism: Summary of a Workshop by Charles W. Wessner (2005)
"In the area of antibiotic drug discovery, the failure rates had been even higher. This reality had dampened enthusiasm among firms for investing in ..."
2. Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, As Amended by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"In deciding whether an antibiotic drug, or class of antibiotic drugs, is to be exempted from the requirement of certification the Secretary shall give ..."
3. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21, Food and Drugs, PT. 500-599, Revised by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"Whenever the labeling of an antibiotic drug included in the regulations in this chapter suggests on recommends its use in milk-producing animals, ..."
4. Large Scale Coastal Behavior (1993) edited by J. H. List (1995)
"314.80 Applicants requesting FDA approval to market a new drug or an antibiotic drug. To maintain records of all adverse drug experience known to the ..."
5. Manual of Patent Examining Procedure edited by J. Michael Thesz (1997)
"16, 1991] § 1.775 Calculation of patent term extension for a drug, antibiotic drug, or human biological product. (a) If a determination is made pursuant to ..."
6. Impacts Of Antibiotic-resistant Bacteria by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"It is a synthetic, antimicrobial (rather than antibiotic) drug. Surveillance Systems: used in this report to refer to data collection and record keeping to ..."