Definition of Antimalarial drug
1. Noun. A medicinal drug used to prevent or treat malaria.
Generic synonyms: Antiprotozoal, Antiprotozoal Drug
Specialized synonyms: Chloroquine, Larium, Mefloquine, Mefloquine Hydrochloride, Mephaquine, Primaquine, Atabrine, Mepacrine, Quinacrine, Quinacrine Hydrochloride, Quinine
Antimalarial Drug Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Antimalarial Drug Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Antimalarial Drug
Literary usage of Antimalarial drug
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Female Client and the Health-Care Provider by Janet Hatcher Roberts, Carol Vlassoff (1995)
"In Kenya, where a clear policy does not yet exist, only 4% of women received an antimalarial drug. These findings are consistent with community-based ..."
2. Handbook of Severe Disability: A Text for Rehabilitation Counselors, Other edited by Walter C. Stolov, Michael R. Clowers (2000)
"... the joint Chloroquine, an antimalarial drug, may also be prescribed. Its beneficial effect occurs only after several months of use. ..."
3. Battling Malaria: Strengthening the U.S. Military Malaria Vaccine Program by Patricia M. Graves, Myron M. Levine (2006)
"... and Resochin) influenced the US military and Allies to focus on antimalarial drug discovery and development. A program for chemotherapeutic research was ..."
4. Health Information for International Travel by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"Halofantrine (Halfan®) is an antimalarial drug which is licensed in the United States but is not commercially available, although the drug is available in ..."