Definition of Apollo program
1. Noun. A program of space flights undertaken by US to land a man on the Moon. "The first lunar landing was achieved by the Apollo program on July 20, 1969"
Apollo Program Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Apollo Program Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Apollo Program
Literary usage of Apollo program
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Stages to Saturn: A Technological History of the Apollo/Saturn Launch Vehicle by Roger E. Bilstein (1999)
"apollo program Off., NASA Hq., NASA-apollo program Management, 1 (Dec. ... In response to many requests for such information, the apollo program Off. ..."
2. Where No Man Has Gone Before: A History of Apollo Lunar Exploration Missions by William D. Compton (1996)
"The other accident in the apollo program, the aborted Apollo 13 mission, was deliberately mentioned only briefly in the main text. ..."
3. Exploring the Moon and Mars: Choices for the Nation (1991)
"THE apollo program The US lunar research effort carried out as part of the Apollo program has provided lunar scientists with a rich source of ..."
4. Space Flight: The First Thirty Years (1993)
"The apollo program greatly increased the pace and complexity of ground ... By the time the apollo program ended ii 1972, astronauts had extended the ..."