Definition of Apple orchard
1. Noun. A grove of apple trees.
Apple Orchard Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Apple Orchard Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Apple Orchard
Literary usage of Apple orchard
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions by Massachusetts Horticultural Society (1881)
"To the Massachusetts Horticultural Society : Gentlemen,—A description of an apple orchard planted in Alfred, York County, Maine, in 1804, may be of interest ..."
2. The Book of Easter by William Croswell Doane (1910)
"An English apple orchard in the spring? When the spreading trees are hoary With their wealth of promised glory, And the mavis sings its story, In the spring ..."
3. Cyclopedia of American Horticulture: Comprising Suggestions for Cultivation by Liberty Hyde Bailey, Wilhelm Miller (1900)
"A food New York apple orchard at ïj years. most of their growth early in the ... It should be the general purpose to till the apple orchard throughout its ..."
4. The Commercial Apple Industry of North America by John Clifford Folger, Samuel Mable Thomson (1921)
"... IN RELATION TO THE ORCHARD The relation which the apple orchard bears to other farm enterprises differs greatly in the various states and regions. ..."
5. Harper's New Monthly Magazine by Henry Mills Alden (1884)
"He reads of Lago Maggiore, and at once the apple orchard upon which he is looking as he lifts his eyes from his book, the distant rounded hill dotted with ..."
6. Golden Numbers: A Book of Verse for Youth by Nora Archibald Smith (1902)
"Growing In the spring? to An English apple orchard in the spring? When the spreading trees are hoary With their wealth of promised glory, And the mavis ..."
7. Poetry of the Seasons by Mary Isabella Lovejoy (1898)
"AN apple orchard IN THE SPRING. HAVE you seen an apple orchard in the spring ? In the spring ? An English apple orchard in the spring ? ..."
8. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1897)
"While experimenting two years ago with the Leaf Grumpier and the Leaf Folder, a gentleman asked me to visit his apple orchard, some two miles distant, ..."