Definition of Art dealer
1. Noun. A dealer in works of art requiring esthetic evaluation.
Art Dealer Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Art Dealer Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Art Dealer
Literary usage of Art dealer
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Beethoven's Letters: A Critical Edition : with Explanatory Notes by Ludwig van Beethoven, Alfred Christlieb Kalischer, John South Shedlock (1909)
"... Music AND art dealer IN LEIPZIG Vienna, June 5, 1822. DEAR SIR, Since I am honoured with a letter from you, and am for the moment very busy, ..."
2. How to Sell More Goods: Secrets of Successful Salesmanship by Harold James Barrett (1918)
"Strategy Sold $70000 Worth of Pictures for this art dealer "Doubtless there are tricks in every trade," said an art dealer, ..."
3. Bruno Ninaber Van Eyben, with Compliments by Wim Crouwel, Ed van Hinte, Bruno Ninaber van Eyben (2002)
"... becomes obsessed by an extremely old Raku teacup and, together with an art dealer and the main character of the book, attends a ritual gathering. ..."
4. The Arena by Harry Houdini Collection (Library of Congress) (1908)
"... Probably the art dealer. (Goes to hall door.) Oh, it's you, my dear. Come right in. (Swings Mimi into the room.) The art dealer! ..."
5. Adventures in American Bookshops, Antique Stores and Auction Rooms by Guido Bruno (1922)
""One day a well known art dealer of Philadelphia strolled into my shop and I ... "The proposition was to pay this art dealer a commission of 20 per cent of ..."