Definition of Artemia salina
1. Noun. Common to saline lakes.
Generic synonyms: Branchiopod, Branchiopod Crustacean, Branchiopodan
Group relationships: Artemia, Chirocephalus, Genus Artemia, Genus Chirocephalus
Artemia Salina Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Artemia Salina Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Artemia Salina
Literary usage of Artemia salina
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Canadian Entomologist by Entomological Society of Canada (1863-1871), Entomological Society of Canada (1951- ), Entomological Society of Ontario (1875)
"... down by accident and the sea water washed in at the same time ; artemia salina, which abounds in the sea water, appeared in large numbers in the pool. ..."
2. Materials for the study of variation treated with especial regard to by William Bateson (1894)
"The further question of the relation of artemia salina to A. mil- ... that by artificially breeding artemia salina in more and more diluted salt water he ..."
3. Studies in General Physiology by Jacques Loeb (1905)
"(2) artemia salina has caudal bristles and caudal appendages, ... (3) The surface of the. gills is longer and narrower in artemia salina than iu Artemia ..."
4. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1899)
"During my stay in the Wadi the artemia salina was not to be seen, ... Finally, artemia salina disappears in the lakes for the greater part of the year ..."
5. The Natural Conditions of Existence as They Affect Animal Life by Carl Semper (1883)
"artemia salina were carried through to the lower lake by the flood, and there they soon settled and propagated. After the dam was repaired the saltness of ..."