Definition of Assault gun
1. Noun. Any of the automatic rifles or semiautomatic rifles with large magazines designed for military use.
Generic synonyms: Automatic, Automatic Rifle, Machine Rifle
Category relationships: Armed Forces, Armed Services, Military, Military Machine, War Machine
2. Noun. An armored vehicle with the chassis of a tank (but no turret) and a large gun; used as an antitank weapon and to support infantry.
Assault Gun Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Assault Gun Images
Literary usage of Assault gun
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Clash of Arms: The Great American Gun Debate by DIANE Publishing Company (1991)
"According to a study by Cox Newspapers of gun trace requests: An assault gun is 20 times more likely to be used in crime than ..."
2. Handbook On Soviet Ground Forcesby DIANE Publishing Company by DIANE Publishing Company (1996)
"... COCK transport aircraft COKE transport aircraft self-propelled assault gun self-propelled assault gun SNAPPER anti-tank guided missile SWATTER anti-tank ..."
3. Across the Reef: The Amphibious Tracked Vehicle at War by Victor J. Croizat (2001)
"Then, in the Marianas, it became evident that the 37mm gun was too light for an assault gun, and the amtrac itself ..."