Definition of Bahrein island
1. Noun. An island in the Persian Gulf.
Generic synonyms: Island
Group relationships: Arabian Gulf, Persian Gulf
Bahrein Island Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bahrein Island Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bahrein Island
Literary usage of Bahrein island
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The India directory, for the guidance of commanders of steamers and sailing by Alfred Dundas Taylor, James Horsburgh (1874)
"... of bahrein island, 3 m. to tho W. of the sheik's house in Manamah. It stands in a gap of the date-trees, and is useful as a mark to vessels entering. ..."
2. Windows for Sermons: A Study of the Art of Sermonic Illustration, Together by Louis Albert Banks (1902)
"A GREAT WELL On bahrein island, twenty miles off the coast of Arabia in the ... This well, called the Adari, is the great sight of the bahrein island, ..."
3. The Canadian Journal of Industry, Science and Art by Canadian Institute (1849-1914). (1858)
"The most abundant annual pearl harvest in the world is believed to be the product of the bahrein island fisheries, in the Persian Gulf, hut the revenue of ..."
4. The Commentaries of the Great Afonso Dalboquerque, Second Viceroy of India by Afonso de Albuquerque, Walter de Gray Birch (1884)
"... celebrated for its pearl fishery, is on the Arabian side, now called Bahrein island, about twenty-seven miles long, north and south, by ten in breadth. ..."
5. The Geographical Journal by Royal Geographical Society (Great Britain). (1906)
"Persian gulf, bahrein island :—Khor Kaliya. 2«. Philippine islands, Negros island :—Danao river and approach» Philippine islands:—Approaches to Port Sual ..."