¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Barbless
1. having no barbs [adj]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Barbless Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Barbless
Literary usage of Barbless
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Young Folk's Cyclopædia of Games and Sports by John Denison Champlin, Arthur Elmore Bostwick (1899)
"Fig. t. Gang-hooks. Fig. 2. Kinsey hook. Fig. 3. Limerick hook. Fig. 4. Kirby look. Fig. 5. barbless hook. Fig. 6. Snap-hook, open. Fig. 7. Aberdeen hook. ..."
2. (General Catalogue). by United States Products Export Company (1920)
"UNITED STATES STEEL barbless FENCING Barbie» Strands are furnished for use in ... Also Three-Ply, Four-Ply, Five-Ply and Six-Ply Twisted barbless Fe: ing. ..."
3. Manual by American Railway Engineering Association (1916)
"barbless FENCING. Two-Ply Twisted Galvanized barbless Fencing. Sizes 11 to 14 Inclusive. 3-Ply, 4-Ply, 5-PIy and 6-Ply Twisted barbless Fencing. ..."
4. Manual of the American Railway Engineering Association by American Railway Engineering Association (1911)
"barbless FENCING. Two-Ply Twisted Galvanized barbless Fencing. Sizes 11 to 14 inclusive. 3-Ply, 4-Ply, 5-Ply and 6-Ply Twisted barbless Fencing. ..."
5. California Fish and Game by California Dept. of Fish and Game, California Fish and Game Commission (1921)
"barbless FISH HOOKS. Certain sportsmen's angling clubs are advocating the use of barbless books for catching fish, arguing that it is more sportsmanlike for ..."