¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Barbola
1. ornamentation with small flowers [n -S]
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Barbola Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Barbola
Literary usage of Barbola
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Annals of the Artists of Spain by Sir William Stirling Maxwell (1891)
"Maria barbola, immortalised by a place in one of Velazquez's most celebrated pictures,1 was a little dame about three feet and a half in height, ..."
2. Spanish Exploration in the Southwest, 1542-1706 by Herbert Eugene Bolton (1916)
"Being asked what route they took, having set out from the mines of Santa barbola and the journey having been 1 Gallegos says that he "had made, ..."
3. Hakluytus posthumus: Contayning a History of the World in Sea Voyages and by Samuel Purchas (1906)
"... of Sancta barbola, and of Saint John, and in it is the Province of Topia ; and in this discovery ..."
4. Hakluytus Posthumus, Or, Purchas His Pilgrimes: Contayning a History of the by Samuel Purchas (1906)
"... of Sancta barbola, and of Saint John, and in it is the Province of Topia ; and in this discovery, and inhabiting, Franciscus Ybarra did many services. ..."