Definition of Basidiosporous
1. Adjective. Of or relating to or characterized by spores produced by basidia.
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Basidiosporous Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Basidiosporous
Literary usage of Basidiosporous
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Encyclopaedia Britannica: A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and General by Thomas Spencer Baynes (1888)
"For instance, in basidiosporous Fungi the collection of basidia forming the hymenium is usually situated on large receptacles. The structure commonly known ..."
2. The Micrographic Dictionary: A Guide to the Examination and Investigation of by John William Griffith, Arthur Henfrey (1883)
"... is only a basidiosporous form of the same plant which produces an asco- phorous form in the ..."
3. Principles of Comparative Physiology by William Benjamin Carpenter (1854)
"... and have even been referred by Schleiden to the class of Lichens), are basidiosporous at one period of their evolution. It may be reasonably suspected ..."
4. The Natural History Review: A Quarterly Journal of Biological Science by Armagh Natural History and Philosophical Society, Belfast Natural History and Philosophical Society, Cork Scientific and Literary Society, Cuvierian Society of Cork, Dublin University Zoological and Botanical Association, Literary and Scientific Instit (1861)
"Duby is convinced) no membrane be present, the fructification would be somewhat analogous to the and must, we think, be looked upon as basidiosporous or ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Basidiosporous