Definition of Bassine
1. Noun. Coarse leaf fiber from palmyra palms used in making brushes and brooms.
Generic synonyms: Fiber, Fibre
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bassine Images
Literary usage of Bassine
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Pharmaceutical Journal by Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain (1867)
"De là, distillation permanente d'une part sous le couvercle, et concentration d'autre part dans la bassine. whenever it is desired to distill or evaporate a ..."
2. Etymologicon Magnum, Or Universal Etymological Dictionary, on a New Plan by Walter Whiter (1800)
"That BASSIN or bassine, was not formed from the ... the due particles expressing the instrument and the action appropriate to the verb bassine. ..."
3. Tariff Hearings Before the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of by United States Congress. House. Committee on Ways and Means (1908)
"Tampico white and 10 per cent bassine, dyed black, single drafted-_) Tampico white mid 20 per cent bassine, dyed black, single drafted. ..."
4. Tariff Hearings Before the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of by Sereno Elisha Payne (1909)
"Tampico white and 30 per ceut bassine, dyed black, single drafted Tampico white and 40 per ceut bassine, dyed black, single drafted— Tampico white and 50 ..."