Definition of Beans
1. Noun. (plural of bean) ¹
2. Noun. (slang urban plural only) pills; drugs in pill form ¹
3. Noun. (slang vulgar plural only) testes ¹
4. Verb. (third-person singular of bean) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Beans
1. bean [v] - See also: bean
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Beans Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Beans
Literary usage of Beans
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings of the Society for Experimental Biology and Medicine (1903)
"Sup- tation of these diets with penicillin antly (P < 0.05) reduced the adhesion ibes (in chicks fed diets containing ^e, or autoclaved beans) and signifi- ..."
2. A General Collection of the Best and Most Interesting Voyages and Travels in by John Pinkerton (1809)
"On the fallowed lands they fow beans, provided they have dung. ... Vetches they fow in autumn, and beans alio, both for a crop> and alfo to plough in, ..."
3. Report by New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station Botanical Dept (1908)
"(56) "The beans were very nice, the pods were four or five inches long and ... (59) "The beans grew well and yielded a large crop, the plants averaging ten ..."
4. The American Journal of the Medical Sciences by Southern Society for Clinical Investigation (U.S.) (1907)
"Poisoning by Canned beans.—An unusually extensive outbreak of poisoning due to a most uncommon cause, namely, canned beans, is reported by ROLLY (Munch, ..."
5. Garden Farming by Lee Cleveland Corbett (1913)
"to gather 200 bushels of string beans from an acre, the price ranging in a given ... LIMA beans Under the name " Lima " two distinct types of beans are now ..."
6. Botanical Gazette by University of Chicago, JSTOR (Organization) (1896)
"Inquiry developed the fact that these beans are produced by a coarse briar confined, as was expected, to the narrow strip of gravelly beach and met with ..."
7. Sunsetby Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept by Southern Pacific Company, Southern Pacific Company. Passenger Dept (1912)
"Are You Accepting Steamed beans Thinking They Are Baked? ... We have no quarrel with the manufacturer who offers steamed beans—or the grocer who sells them ..."