2. Verb. (past of bedeck) ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Bedecked
1. bedeck [v] - See also: bedeck
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bedecked Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bedecked
Literary usage of Bedecked
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Glossary: Or, Collection of Words, Phrases, Names, and Allusions to by Robert Nares (1859)
"... Thy girdle at gold so rrd, With pearls bedecked sumptuously. Hrir of Linne, Percy, Sel., ii, 128. The redde herring—brought in the red ..."
2. Vision of War by Lincoln Colcord (1915)
"... yellow-haired, Arrayed in coarse garments, loving crude colors, bedecked with rough ornaments of turquoise and emerald and beaten gold: How, emerging, ..."
3. Aphrodite: A Romance of Ancient Hellas by Ernst Eckstein (1886)
"The wide, populous city was so bedecked with countless garlands of flowers that it resembled one vast festal hall. Every eye sparkled with happiness and ..."
4. Letters of Henry Weston Farnsworth, of the Foreign Legion by Henry Weston Farnsworth (1916)
"... eager-souled artist of the past burns a huge, bedecked and bedizened two rouble candle to an eager little horse soul that has left its unsightly little ..."