¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Berline
1. a limousine [n -S] - See also: limousine
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Berline Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Berline
berline (current term)
Literary usage of Berline
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The French Revolution: A History by Thomas Carlyle (1838)
"... his ass has bethought him of the grand new berline seen in the Wood of Bondy; ... Miserable new berline ! Why could not Royalty go in some old ..."
2. The World's Great Classics by Timothy Dwight, Julian Hawthorne (1899)
"And thus the new berline rolls; and Drouet and Guillaume gallop after it, ... This comes of mysterious Escorts, and a new berline with eleven horses: " he ..."
3. A Book about Travelling, Past and Present by Thomas A Croal (1877)
"Turning to the pages of Carlyle, the reason why this berline should be deemed ... But before doing so, it may be useful to learn why the berline or berlin ..."
4. Smokeless Tobacco Or Health: An International Perspective by DIANE Publishing Company (1995)
"... Jennifer berline, Deborah G. Grady, and Virginia L. Ernster ABSTRACT Several Unes of evidence point to a role for smokeless tobacco-related carcinogens ..."