Definition of Beurre
1. butter [n -S]
Medical Definition of Beurre
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Beurre Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Beurre
Literary usage of Beurre
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The MAGAZINE of Horticulture, Botany, and All Useful Discoveries and (1868)
"[We are somewhat doubtful of its being well adapted to the quince: our oldest trees do not keep up with such sorts as beurre d'Anjou, B. Diel, <fec. ..."
2. The American Fruit Book: Containing Directions for Raising, Propagating, and by Samuel W. Cole (1857)
"The Fail, Pratt, Trescot, Abbot, Paradise dci Autumns Wilbur, Hull, Swan's Orange Knight's Seedling, Oswego beurre, and Lawrence, ..."
3. Journal of the Royal Horticultural Society by Royal Horticultural Society (Great Britain). (1887)
"beurre Perrault (RHS), see Duchesse de Bordeaux. 146. beurre ... beurre Ranee. Long pyriform, regular; green, frequently covered on one side with brown ..."
4. The New England Farmer by Samuel W. Cole (1857)
"GOLDEN beurre OF BILBOA. The above beautiful engraving of this excellent pear, ... The GOLDEN beurre OP BILBOA is one of the best early fall pears, ..."
5. The Fruits of America: Containing Richly Colored Figures, and Full by Charles Mason Hovey (1852)
"Grayish brown, with large, oblong, grayish specks, strong, and moderately long-jointed ; old wood, grayish olive ; buds, medium beurre ..."