Definition of Bicycle wheel
1. Noun. The wheel of a bicycle.
Terms within: Pneumatic Tire, Pneumatic Tyre, Radius, Spoke, Wheel Spoke
Generic synonyms: Wheel
Bicycle Wheel Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bicycle Wheel Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bicycle Wheel
Literary usage of Bicycle wheel
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A Text Book on Roofs and Bridges by Mansfield Merriman, Henry Sylvester Jacoby (1897)
"A bicycle wheel WITH TENSILE SPOKES. bicycle wheels are usually constructed with spokes of very light steel rods and stiff rims of metal or wood. ..."
2. A Text Book on Roofs and Bridges by Mansfield Merriman, Henry Sylvester Jacoby (1896)
"Prob. 105. Compute the stresses in a Ferris wheel with eight tensile spokes. ART. 76. A bicycle wheel WITH TENSILE SPOKES. ..."
3. The Electrical Engineer (1888)
"In our instruments where the wires lie nearly all parallel to one another we have these two adjustments, and also in those with the bicycle- wheel ..."
4. Automobile Engineering: A General Reference Work by American Technical Society (1920)
"This Merkel motor wheel is a combination of single-cylinder engine and rear bicycle wheel. Fig. 6. Flywheel Side of Merkel Motor Bicycle Courtesy of Merkel ..."
5. The Technical World Magazine (1910)
"T0 bicycle wheel. .. i MILK-TESTERS ATTACHED THE "BIKE" AS A MILK-TESTING MACHINE. The testers attached to a bicycle wheel separate the fat from the milk on ..."
6. Encyclopaedia Britannica, a Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and edited by Hugh Chisholm (1910)
"A bicycle wheel, with a prolongation of the axle placed in a cup, ... place in the neighbourhood of the downward vertical, the bicycle wheel cao be made to ..."