¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Biocide
1. a substance destructive to living organisms [n -S] : BIOCIDAL [adj]
Medical Definition of Biocide
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Biocide Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Biocide
Literary usage of Biocide
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Review of Epa Homeland Security Efforts: Safe Buildings Program Research by Bcst, National Research Council (U.S.), ebrary, Inc, Environmental Protection Agency, United States, Committee on Safe Buildings Program (2003)
"In the United States new formulations sold as a biocide must meet EPA approval under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenti- cide Act (FIFRA). ..."
2. Accident Precursor Analysis and Management: Reducing Technological Risk by Vicki M. Bier, Howard Kunreuther, James R. Phimister (2004)
"This hazard can be overcome by adding a biocide, but this is an "add-on" safety/usability feature, probably best described as "procedural" ..."
3. Code of Federal Regulations: Parts 170 to 199 Revised as of April 1, 2005 by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Staff (2005)
"For a substance that is not a biocide, this level is equal to or greater than 1 part per million in the daily diet (3 mg/ person/day); or (2) There exists a ..."
4. 6th Annual Report on Carcinogens (1991) by DIANE Publishing Company (1994)
"Hydrazine sulfate is also a biocide for fungi and molds, although there is no evidence that it is registered for use as a biocide in the United States ..."