Definition of Biology department
1. Noun. The academic department responsible for teaching and research in biology.
Biology Department Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Biology Department Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Biology Department
Literary usage of Biology department
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Journal of Heredity by American Genetic Association (1914)
"Sixteen teach eugenics in their zoology department, 11 in the biology department and 11 in the sociology department. The following is a partial list of ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1883)
"Berkeley, has an opening in the Environmental biology department. The position is for a Postdoctoral Fellowship or Associate Research Scientist with an ..."
3. The Never-ceasing Search by Francis Otto Schmitt (1990)
"It carried with it my resignation as chairman of the biology department; ... As head of the biology department I did not have such freedom. ..."
4. Selected Hospital Waste Streams: Guide To Pollution Prevention (1993)
"biology department The biology department has a large graduate program in ... The biology department sporadically generates 50- 200 gallons of formalin. ..."
5. Books on Education in the Libraries of Columbia University by Columbia University Libraries (1901)
"Biology, Department of. ogue, D. and O. С Handbook of information, 1889-90. ... С Biology, Department of, and Medicine, Auxiliary Department of. ..."