Definition of Bird's foot trefoil
1. Noun. Old World herb related to fenugreek.
Generic synonyms: Herb, Herbaceous Plant
Group relationships: Genus Trigonella, Trigonella
2. Noun. European forage plant having claw-shaped pods introduced in America.
Group relationships: Genus Lotus, Lotus
Generic synonyms: Subshrub, Suffrutex
Bird's Foot Trefoil Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bird's Foot Trefoil Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bird's Foot Trefoil
Literary usage of Bird's foot trefoil
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Proceedings by Bristol Naturalists' Society (Bristol, England), Bristol Naturalists' Society (1891)
"Trifolium repens (Dutch Clover).—Fl. by June 4th, Hamp, AB; June 17th, Clifton, EMP 25. Lotus corniculatus (Bird?s-foot Trefoil).—Fl.by May 23rd, Hamp, ..."
2. The Century Dictionary: An Encyclopedic Lexicon of the English Language by William Dwight Whitney (1891)
"... because their flower-tubes are sucked for honey. Britten and Holland. [Prov. Eng.] —Lamb's suckling, the white clover, and the bird s-foot trefoil, ..."
3. The School World: A Monthly Magazine of Educational Work and Progress (1907)
"Bird s-foot trefoil, i, flowering branch that thf> incf-rt (Xj); a. flower.; 3, pi.li! and stamens; ;:(• ii); 5, fruit(xj); e,corolla; stands on the ; 7 ..."