Definition of Bland diet
1. Noun. A diet of foods that are not irritating. "He ate a bland diet because of his colitis"
Medical Definition of Bland diet
1. A regular diet omitting foods that mechanically or chemically irritate the gastrointestinal tract. (05 Mar 2000)
Bland Diet Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bland Diet Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bland Diet
Literary usage of Bland diet
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Transactions of the ... Session of the American Institute of Homœopathy by American Institute of Homeopathy Session (1895)
"choice of six, beef tea of four; bland diet, low diet, fever diet, light diet, ... A low diet, a bland diet, a fever diet, a milk diet, farinaceous food and ..."
2. The Sanitarian by Medico-Legal Society of New York (1901)
"A bland diet, one that does not excite, must contain nothing or very little of this. It is common knowledge that milk affords such a nutrient, and passes, ..."
3. Treatment of Internal Diseases: For Physicians and Students by Norbert Ortner, Nathaniel Bowditch Potter (1908)
"... and succeeded only when I changed to a bland diet. Without journeying further into this disputed territory and without even attempting a discussion of ..."
4. A System of Diet and Dietetics by George Alexander Sutherland (1908)
"Sometimes very acute cases occur, and demand a simple bland diet with absence of any ... Here again a simple, nutritious, bland diet is called for. ..."
5. Progressive Medicine by Hobart Amory Hare (1903)
"this justifies them iu rejecting the safe bland diet and advising a stimulating and brusque ... Personally I would recommend trying the bland diet first. ..."