Definition of Blottings
1. blotting [n] - See also: blotting
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Blottings Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Blottings
Literary usage of Blottings
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. The Book of Household Management: Comprising Information for the Mistress ...by Beeton (Isabella Mary) by Beeton (Isabella Mary) (1888)
"Treasury thickness, 38 Ibs., demy. Can be had of any other thickness. Please order of your stationer FORD'S 428 MILL blottings. The above Medals confirm the ..."
2. Paper Technology: An Elementary Manual on the Manufacture, Physical by Robert Walter Sindall (1906)
"It must be noted that while blottings take about one and a half hours, ... Rags which are essential for blottings would be useless for banks. ..."
3. Chapters on Papermaking by Clayton Beadle (1907)
"What materials would you use for the production of (1) news, (2) fine writings, (3) ES printings, (4) blottings ? State the proportions of each material you ..."
4. A Practical Treatise Upon Modern Printing Machinery and Letterpress Printing by Frederick John Farlow Wilson, Douglas Grey (1888)
"blottings and Tissues. Brown and Packing Papers. ... The above Medals confirm the reliability of these blottings after a Sea Voyage in each case, ..."
5. The Art of Paper-making: A Practical Handbook of the Manufacture of Paper by Watt, Alexander (1890)
"The breaker-plate should be sharp for blottings, and the beater-roll and plate also ... For pink blottings furnish two-thirds white cottons and one-third of ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Blottings