Definition of Body armor
1. Noun. Armor that protects the wearer's whole body.
Terms within: Armet, Basinet, Brassard, Aegis, Breastplate, Egis, Cannon, Casque, Cubitiere, Cuisse, Epauliere, Fauld, Gantlet, Gauntlet, Metal Glove, Gorget, Greave, Jambeau, Helmet, Knee Piece, Nosepiece, Palette, Pallette, Rerebrace, Upper Cannon, Roundel, Skirt Of Tasses, Sabaton, Solleret, Tasse, Tasset, Tuille, Lower Cannon, Vambrace, Gusset, Voider
Generic synonyms: Armor, Armour
Specialized synonyms: Bulletproof Vest, Chain Armor, Chain Armour, Chain Mail, Mail, Ring Armor, Ring Armour, Ring Mail, Corselet, Corslet, Cuirass
Body Armor Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Body Armor Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Body Armor
Literary usage of Body armor
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Law Enforcement Management & Administrative Statistics, 1993: Data for by Brian A. Reaves (1995)
"... body armor Patrol/field officers Cash allowance Special operations officers Required Cash Required County Name of agency Supplied ..."
2. Science by American Association for the Advancement of Science (1920)
"General Pershing recognized its value and in the title page of Dr. Bashford Dean's " Helmets and body armor in Modern Warfare " he is quoted as saying that ..."
3. Digest of Education Statistics (1999) edited by Thomas D. Snyder (2000)
"body armor Mr. HUNTER. In regards to body armor, how would you rate ... Limited Quantities of body armor exist to support defeating the small arms threat to ..."
4. Chinese Clay Figures by Berthold Laufer (1914)
"The sheets form the body armor proper, ten in number, employment of shells for decorative ... Their body armor covers the whole of the back and the chest. ..."
5. Combating Violent Crime: Twenty-Four Recommendations to Strengthen Criminal (1993)
"This includes adequate firepower to defend themselves and body armor to protect themselves from armed criminals. As of 1990,73% of local police departments ..."