Definition of Body process
1. Noun. An organic process that takes place in the body. "Respiratory activity"
Specialized synonyms: Control, Breathing, External Respiration, Respiration, Ventilation, Respiration, Breath, Consumption, Ingestion, Intake, Uptake, Sex, Sex Activity, Sexual Activity, Sexual Practice, Insemination, Sleeping, Reaction, Response, Crying, Tears, Weeping, Ablactation, Anastalsis, Discharge, Emission, Expelling, Expectoration, Festering, Maturation, Suppuration, Healing, Hypostasis, Lachrymation, Lacrimation, Tearing, Watering, Lactation, Opsonisation, Opsonization, Overactivity, Peristalsis, Vermiculation, Diaphoresis, Hidrosis, Perspiration, Sudation, Sweating, Phagocytosis, Pinocytosis, Placentation, Psilosis, Tanning, Transpiration
Generic synonyms: Biological Process, Organic Process
Derivative terms: Active
Body Process Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Body Process Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Body Process
Literary usage of Body process
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Political Philosophy by Henry Brougham Brougham and Vaux, Society for the Diffusion of Useful Knowledge (Great Britain) (1861)
"... —Conservative Senate—Tribunate—Legislative Body—Process of Legislature — Judicial System—Consuls—First Consul's ..."
2. Text-book of Mechanics by jr Louis Adolphe Martin (1916)
"Under ideal conditions the gas passing thru the processes of a Stirling cycle should be compressed while hi thermal contact with the cold body (process i 2, ..."
3. Outlines of Industrial Chemistry: A Text-book for Students by Frank Hall Thorp, Charles D. Demond (1905)
"There are two methods of forming the tile, the "dust body" and the "wet body" process. In the dust body method the sifted clay mixture is dampened by ..."
4. Living Buddhist Masters by Jack Kornfield (1998)
"... of lasting happiness, and how the whole mind-body process flows according to certain laws (kamma), empty of any permanent self or individual soul. ..."
5. The Cyanide Industry: Theoretically and Practically Considered by R. Robine, M. Lenglen, Charles Edward Munroe (1906)
"M. BODY. Process of and apparatus for obtaining gold and silver from their ores by combined electrolytic and amalgamating processes. ..."
6. Exploring Organic Environments in the Solar System by National Research Council (U.S.) (2007)
"One type of chemical reaction that fulfills interstellar criteria (ie, two-body process, low activation energy barrier) are positive ion-molecule reactions ..."