Definition of Bond certificate
1. Noun. A certificate of debt (usually interest-bearing or discounted) that is issued by a government or corporation in order to raise money; the issuer is required to pay a fixed sum annually until maturity and then a fixed sum to repay the principal.
Specialized synonyms: Bond Issue, Convertible Bond, Corporate Bond, Bearer Bond, Coupon Bond, Government Bond, High-yield Bond, Junk Bond, Municipal Bond, Noncallable Bond, Performance Bond, Surety Bond, Post-obit Bond, Registered Bond, Revenue Bond, Secured Bond, Debenture, Debenture Bond, Unsecured Bond, Zero Coupon Bond, Zero-coupon Bond, Premium Bond
Generic synonyms: Certificate Of Indebtedness, Debt Instrument, Obligation, Certificate, Security
Derivative terms: Bond
Bond Certificate Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bond Certificate Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bond Certificate
Literary usage of Bond certificate
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Financial Investigations: A Financial Approach to Detecting and Resolving Crimes by Don Vogel (1999)
"Л coupon bond ha- coupon- attached to the bond certificate, one coupon lor ... The interest coupon,- attached to the bond certificate do not contain the ..."
2. Acts of the State of Ohio by Ohio, Ohio General Assembly, Ohio Secretary of State (1889)
"levy a tax for the payment of the same, and such bond, certificate, scrip, or promise in writing has not been paid for want of such authority by the ..."
3. A Treatise on Federal Criminal Law Procedure by William Hawley Atwell (1916)
"R^»; imitation of, or purporting to be an imitation ££, MS. 's' '°5' Fed of, any bond, certificate, obligation, or other security ..."
4. Federal Criminal Law and Procedure by Elijah Nathaniel Zoline (1921)
"... any bond, certificate, obligation, or other security in imitation of, or purporting to be in imitation of any bond, certificate, obligation, ..."
Other Resources Relating to: Bond certificate