Definition of Boundary condition
1. Noun. (mathematics) a condition specified for the solution to a set of differential equations.
Generic synonyms: Condition, Precondition, Stipulation
Boundary Condition Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Boundary Condition Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Boundary Condition
Literary usage of Boundary condition
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Scientific Papers by John William Strutt Rayleigh (1903)
"boundary condition <f> = 0. In this case ^ still remains as in (30). The general forms for •$•„ ... boundary condition ..."
2. Proceedings of the Cambridge Philosophical Society by Cambridge Philosophical Society (1843)
"Let the boundary condition be where .S? is a polynomial with constant coefficients. ... The boundary condition for i/r being simply i/r = 0 on z = 0 we need ..."
3. Applied Mechanics: A Treatise for the Use of Students who Have Time to Work by John Perry (1907)
"To solve the problem, then, when the shape of section is given, we must find <f> such that -A + -j-^ = 0 all over the section, with the boundary condition ..."
4. Permafrost: North American Contribution [to The] Second International Conference by Building Research Advisory Board Staff (1973)
"Setting 7' = 0 in Eq. (19) and (22) and linearizing the resulting equation, we obtain: dw dt = c d2w va*2 ' (23) Po -u \ /o ' The boundary condition at the ..."
5. Inverse Scattering Papers, 1955-1962 by Harry E. Moses, Irvin William Kay (1982)
"(47) The *(xI E1) are to be identical with the x(xI E1) and hence are determined by imposing the same boundary condition on them as was Imposed on the x(xI ..."
6. Statistics, Probability, and Game Theory: Papers in Honor of David Blackwell by Lloyd S. Shapley, David Blackwell, James B. MacQueen, Thomas Shelburne Ferguson (1996)
"If a boundary condition of the form u = h on the boundary were made available, ... But there is no obvious source for such a boundary condition. ..."
7. 3-D Deterministic Radiation Transport Computer Programs: Features by OECD Nuclear Energy Agency (1997)
"Using the boundary condition for this boundary flux and current, we obtain the solution for multi-region problems [13-16]. Applying this FFT to the second ..."
8. A Treatise on the Mathematical Theory of Elasticity by Augustus Edward Hough Love (1892)
"... we shall find that v= TxS*-, where T is a constant, and 62 =/*//,, and the boundary condition can be satisfied only when the boundary is a circle. ..."