Definition of Brachiocephalic vein
1. Noun. Veins formed by the union of the internal jugular and subclavian veins.
Generic synonyms: Vein, Vena, Venous Blood Vessel
Brachiocephalic Vein Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Brachiocephalic Vein Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Brachiocephalic Vein
Literary usage of Brachiocephalic vein
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Diseases of the Heart by Theodor von Jürgensen, Leopold Schrötter, Ludolf von Krehl (1908)
"On the right side the innominate (brachiocephalic) vein passes with a slight curve into the superior vena cava, while the jugular veins almost appear like ..."
2. A Text-book of Clinical Anatomy for Students and Practitioners by Daniel Nathan Eisendrath (1903)
"Its upper border is the hyoid bone; its lower, after inclosing the brachiocephalic vein, passes on into the anterior mediastinum, becoming continuous with ..."
3. Surgery, Its Principles and Practice by William Williams Keen (1907)
"Obstruction of the thoracic duct may l>e caused by thrombosis of the left brachiocephalic vein, and by the backward pressure of blood in the subclavian in ..."
4. Annual of the Universal Medical Sciencesedited by [Anonymus AC02809657] edited by [Anonymus AC02809657] (1895)
"... describe a cancer of the thyroid followed by cancerous phlebitis of the right brachiocephalic vein. ..."
5. Divine Providence by Emanuel Swedenborg (2003)
"... left brachiocephalic vein, just above the heart. In this way, fat initially bypasses the liver and instead first enters the bloodstream to be presented ..."