2. Noun. (slang) the head or skull (which encloses the brain). ¹
¹ Source: wiktionary.com
Definition of Brainbox
1. the cranium [n -ES] - See also: cranium
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Brainbox Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Brainbox
Literary usage of Brainbox
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Variations by James Huneker (1921)
"Perhaps it was the exquisite cool of the night, its haunting mellow atmosphere, that fermented in my brainbox. I went to the window. ..."
2. A First Scientific French Reader by Benjamin Lester Bowen (1902)
"2. calotte d'un crâne, cranium, brainbox. Commonly calotte is a close-fitting cap without a visor, a skull-cap ; and the word has been taken into English, ..."
3. The Mastery of Languages: Or, The Art of Speaking Foreign Tongues Idiomatically by Thomas Prendergast (1864)
"The machine represents the brainbox of a person who has learned exactly 84 words of a foreign language, and has neither seen nor heard one word more. ..."