Definition of Breathing device
1. Noun. A device that facilitates breathing in cases of respiratory failure.
Specialized synonyms: Aqua-lung, Aqualung, Scuba, Oxygen Mask, Inhalator, Respirator, Resuscitator, Snorkel
Generic synonyms: Device
Breathing Device Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Breathing Device Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Breathing Device
Literary usage of Breathing device
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. Marine Fire Prevention, Firefighting and Fire Safety: A Comprehensive (1994)
"A spare charge must be provided for each breathing device in which charges are used. The tools necessary for making each device operational must also be ..."
2. Natural Gas Industry (1922)
"At first we had the two hour, heavy type of a self-contained oxygen breathing device, but in our work the men complained they were too heavy to work in, ..."
3. The Technical World Magazine (1910)
"NEW breathing device. Device for balloonists' use at high altitudes. This odd design was made in England for use in India, and cost $12500. ..."
4. General Chemistry by Lyman Churchill Newell (1914)
"Some forms of apparatus have a mouth-breathing device instead of a helmet. Provided with an oxygen helmet (or similar device) a man can safely enter places ..."
5. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1897)
"Showing a woodcut, one of 121 illustrating this edition, of a suggested underwater breathing device to be used in war. From the Spencer Collection. ..."
6. Best Dives of the Caribbeanby Joyce Huber by Joyce Huber (2006)
"A rebreather is a self-contained breathing device which reuses at least part of each breath. Regular scuba equipment expels the entire breath into the ..."