Definition of Bridge over
1. Verb. Suffice for a period between two points. "This money will keep us going for another year"
2. Verb. Connect or reduce the distance between.
Bridge Over Pictures
Click the following link to bring up a new window with an automated collection of images related to the term: Bridge Over Images
Lexicographical Neighbors of Bridge Over
Literary usage of Bridge over
Below you will find example usage of this term as found in modern and/or classical literature:
1. A survey of London: Written in the Year 1598 by John Stow, William John Thoms (1876)
"To conclude of this bridge over the said river of Thames, I affirm, as in other my descriptions, that it is a work very rare, having with the draw-bridge ..."
2. Index of Economic Material in Documents of the States of the United States by Adelaide Rosalia Hasse (1907)
"Rept. praying grant of lottery for erection of bridge over Cayuga lake and ... Rept. of canal comrs. on petition for bridge over Erie canal at Utica. 2 pp. ..."
3. Transactions by Stirling Natural History and Archaeological Society, American philosophical society (1905)
"First, that there was a bridge over the Forth at Stirling in 1297 ; second, that it was situated at or near the site of the present Old Bridge ; and third, ..."
4. Appletons' Annual Cyclopædia and Register of Important Events of the Year (1899)
"Authorizing the construction of a bridge over the Mississippi river to the city of St. Louis, in the State of Missouri, from some suitable point between the ..."
5. Bulletin of the New York Public Library by New York Public Library (1905)
"Barber (TW) The Victoria bridge over the Dee at Queensferry. ... Scherzer rolling-lift bridge over the River Swale, i pi. (Engineering, v. 79, pp. ..."